Wednesday 1 June 2016

Life as a Huhu Grub

The Guardians of the Galaxy collaborated on this short story. They used information from the text "Huhu Escape" by Jan Maguinness to imagine what it would be like to be a huhu grub.





WALT – Use information in the text

I slithered through the long, wet grass towards my lunch, an old rotting log. “Uhmmm delicious” I thought to myself. I began to eat and eat and eat the tasty treat.

I ate until I was so full I felt like I couldn’t move an inch. I lay very still waiting for something to happen. Then suddenly a strange feeling came across me as first feet and then legs started to grow from my body. Next delicate wings began to form from my back. I thought “what’s going on?” My soft, squishy body started to get harder like a rock. My white flesh turned black as the night sky. I had totally transformed into another creature.


I crawled through the tunnels and started to beat my wings. I left the ground for the first time. I wobbled in the air as I was not use to this feeling. I carried on until I was exhausted. I landed in a new home, ready for my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment