Sunday 10 April 2016

Firefighter Saves Kitten

WALT -  Explain thoughts, feelings and actions clearly

We wrote a recount from the perspective of the firefighter in the video. There was not a dry eye from the boys after watching the video.


Firefighter Saves Kitten by Caleb

We had put the fire out. I carried the fire blankets over to the door and dumped them there. I was going in to check for any one left behind in this wreck of a house. I walked through the door I saw debris everywhere, smoke was polluting the air. The air was so smokey I needed to turn on my helmet light. I could hear myself breathing deeply through my mask. I paced slowly through the lounge thinking to myself, what started this fire in the first place? The furniture was destroyed, cotton all over the floor.

I walked into a bedroom judging by the contents it must have been a kids room. I searched the room there was a spiderman table in the corner of the room and a skylander toy on the floor. I saw a familiar shape next to the toy, it was an unconscious cat. I tapped my buddy on the shoulder then pointed to the cat. Poor cat I thought as I carried it outside. I walked out the door and straight to the fire truck. I grabbed the breathing apparatus and my water bottle. I carefully placed the kitten on the ground and took my gloves off. I put the breathing mask over it’s face and poured some water onto my glove like a flannel and placed it on the kitten’s soft skin. It slowly became conscious, it started moving it’s paws. I took the breathing mask off the kitten. Then the kitten sprayed water all over me like a sprinkler. I picked up this small cute cat and put it in my arms to warm up.

I thought to myself this kitten was lucky if we hadn’t got to him soon enough the poor thing would have died.  

Firefighter saves Kitten by Dineesh

As we patrolled around the block, dark smoke rose into the sky. “We’ve got a fire here in downtown city”. “Copy that” the other fire commander replied. There were sirens wailing in the distance. While we were waiting for the other fire trucks to arrive I went into the house to search for any people and to discover how the fire had started.

Ashes were falling, a dark smog layer covered the house. It was like someone had terrorised the building. Paper was scattered across the floor and the rug was hunched like a snail. With nothing further to do I searched through the bedrooms. I found some children’s  toys. My torch shone on the floor. I saw a cat but it looked like a statue. As I reached to grab it my hand sunk into its fur. I lifted the kitten and showed my partner. Before the cat could breath more of the smog I took it outside and connected it to the oxygen apparatus. After a few seconds the owner showed up and she was shocked. Her cat was in a critical position would it live or die?

As I got my drink bottle I laid a cloth over the cat, poured water on it and, the cat woke up from it’s deep sleep and wriggled itself to take all the water off it. “The cat’s alive” my partner exclaimed over the walkie talkie. “Thank you, oh thank you” the owner wailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment