Wednesday 23 March 2016

Dodgeball by Kristy

                           

Dodgeball by Kristy

It was a nice Friday afternoon on the turf and, Room 3 was about to verse Room 4 in a very competitive dodgeball game.  Mr Bainbridge pointed at Kevin and said “aim for this guy” with a grin.  The rest of the rules were explained and all I wanted to do was start, But we had to wait, BORING!  Finally the game began and just before the whistle blew people were jumping around with excitement.  Suddenly the whistle blew and Room 3 ran up to the line then started to throw balls at them.  “Miss James is actually really good”, I exclaimed to Rhea.  She had just gotten someone out.

“Yes” I shouted, I hit Nikita just under the shoulder and she didn’t defend herself.  Mr Bainbridge aimed at Kevin, then threw the ball and got him right in the leg.  Room 4 kept losing players except the girls because they were hiding in the back.  Now it was down to most of Room 3 and two girls from Room 4.  They are both new girls that came this year.  First Mr Bainbridge told us to aim for Sarah or as he called the blonde girl.  Once we finished her we went onto the other girl, she was acting quite confident.  We all grabbed a ball of the ground and Mr Bainbridge got her right in the leg.  “Out” he shouted with a huge smile.  Then the whistle blew for the end of the first game.

“Ready,” Mr Bainbridge asked everyone “GO!”  It was the beginning of the second game, and Room 4 was off to a good start.  Nuha had her eye on me. I was about to get her out, instead she got me out cause she caught the ball on the full.  I disappointedly walked to the sidelines and watched till someone caught the ball.  “Samarah, Samarah, pick me pick me” everyone shouted when Samarah caught the ball.  Luckily for me I was the one who got picked.  “Back in the game” I whispered to myself.  Lots of people kept getting out and coming back in.  Sadly the game came to an end, and the winning class was Room 3 it was obvious we were going to win.

Overall it was really fun game, and I’m also very happy that Room 3 won.  My favourite bit would have to be when I got Nikita out.  Mr Bainbridge said it was murder that we kept winning as we walked back to class.  The final score of all the games was 4-0.  Room 4 won no games, well too bad for them they should have known we are the best class at dodgeball.  

No comments:

Post a Comment