Wednesday 23 March 2016

Flippaball by Kalani


Flippaball by Kalani

The whistle blew, and Mr Bainbridge threw the dodgeball into the pool. The Year 5’s of Room 3 swam up to the floating ball and stretched their hands out, thinking they had telekinesis to move the ball to them. The second Group on the other side were way closer to the ball than my Group were. After a while of screaming, Sana got the ball and threw it across the pool, everyone tried catching the ball by jumping up and down like monkeys. Sana’s throw landed on top of the water and, “SPLOSH!” Nearly all of my group went after the ball, but someone from Group 2 snatched it and scored a goal. 1 nil for Group 2.

My group and I weren’t worrying at all, we were like “Pssh, we can beat them” But I didn’t know what was going to happen next. We all swam back to our positions and steadily waited for the whistle to blow. The whistle went for the second round, so everyone started to fight the water just to get there. One person from group 2 got the ball and started to swim like mad! He stopped swimming and threw the ball to Eli. Rhea, Charlotte and I tried banging the ball off him, but he scored another goal for group 2. 2 nil for group 2.

Round 3. I stretched my arms out, and got ready to push off. I pushed off the wall and swam as fast as I could. Once I reached the middle of the pool, Mr Bainbridge and my team shouted, “KALANI, THE BALL IS RIGHT THERE!!” I didn’t know what they meant by there, so I looked up and down about three times. Finally someone from my team got the ball and swam up closer to the goal and passed it to me. I locked in my target and threw. I crossed my fingers and BAM I got a goal! Finally, one for group one!

I loved Flippa Ball. My favourite part was getting a goal and banging the ball off Eli. I didn’t really like how people kept on snatching the ball off people, but I still liked the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment