In Health we recreated popular 'Junk' foods and turned them into new healthier versions. We discovered that junk food is packed full of fat, sodium (salt) and sugar which contribute to health problems if eaten too often. Check out the recipe to make a healthy Double Down and many more on our student blogs.
Kristy's New Double Down
The New and Improved Double Down
-2 skinless chicken breasts
-1 slice edam cheese
-1 slice of bacon
-Low fat mayonnaise
-Wholemeal bread crumbs
1. Cover the 2 chicken breasts in the breadcrumbs then shallow fry in a pan for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked. Make sure to use low fat vegetable oil. Drain on kitchen paper.
2. Grill the bacon in the oven then drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
3. To assemble your double down, first you have to put one of your chicken breasts on a plate.
4. After that place the slice of edam cheese on top of the chicken. Put a little dollop of low fat mayonnaise then smooth out the mayonnaise.
5. Make sure that the bacon has fully drained and then put it on the first part of your double down.
6. Finally to top it all off put your second chicken breast on the double down.