Sunday 14 August 2016

Money Can't Buy Me Love

The Justice League analysed the lyrics to The Beatles' "Cant Buy Me Love" and "Money". Can money buy you love?



‘Can’t Buy Me Love” and “Money” are hit songs performed by The Beatles. They were both songs about love and money however they both had different messages about the importance of money.

Both songs were performed by The Beatles however ‘Can’t buy me love” was written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney of the Beatles and became a number 1 single in the USA and UK. “Money” was not written by the songwriting duo but was instead written by Berry Gordy and Janie Bradford and was not released as a single.


The songs showed the groups changing attitude towards fame and money. “Money” was recorded early in their career when they believed that money and fame was the most important part of their lives. You can see this in the lyric “Money don't get everything it's true, What it don't get I can't use”.


Over time The Beatles achieved huge fame and fortune. When they released ‘Can’t Buy Me Love” they had already achieved great success and wealth. This may have caused them to question the motives of people would want to spend time with them, was it for their personalities or their fame and wealth? You can see this in the lyric “Say you don't need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied”


The Beatles also questioned the importance of love. In ‘Money’ they say “Your loving give me a thrill but your loving don’t pay the bills”. Where as in ‘Can’t Buy me Love” they say “I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love”


In my opinion I think that the song “Can’t buy me love” is a good song because people aren’t truly happy with money they need to be loved to be happy. Money can just come and go but love can be there for you. Money will not comfort you when you’re sad, but loved ones will. By Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment