Thursday 15 September 2016

The Coming Storm

We described what it would to be like to be caught in the storm below. We were encouraged to use our senses and use descriptive language features such as similes, metaphors, personification and alliteration.


The Coming Storm by Sara

The enormous patchy,  worn grey clouds tumbled into the sky like a veil of evil being unravelled. The howling wind circled and slithered around me. I stared at the snaking shadows on the ground performing a puppet show. Shadows flickered and crept up the looming and fading pyramid- like mountains. The long winding road disappeared into   nothingness. Thunder blared in the sky like a cannon being fired as the almighty Zeus stomped across the heavens with cold fury. His fiery, shocking temper finally became uncontrollable. The ground shook as the god of lightning roared. He was furious and spat out his anger. His spit solidified with fury and turned into hail. Zeus’ bolt struck us from the heavens.
A sudden flash of lightning filled the sky. I ran and ran until I could run no more. The rain pounded on my head as I stood out there in the open, terror stricken and soaked. I shivered with fear and cold. My insides were frozen solid and my hands were numb. I cried out to the heavens expecting an answer but the terror was still there, so I curled up into a tight ball rocking back and forth thinking, “When will this end?”

4 comments:

  1. Nice Job Sara!
    I liked the way you said 'The enormous patchy, worn grey clouds tumbled into the sky like a veil of evil being unravelled.'
    Tino Pai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job!
    I love all of your description and i loved the way you said "Thunder blared in the sky like cannon being fired as the almighty Zeus stomped across the heavens with cold fury" I think that was an amazing sentence.
    Rana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an AWESOME piece of writing! I can just picture the storm you have described. You have some amazing adjectives that paint a picture in my mind. You should be proud of yourself, you are a very talented writer! Thank you for sharing :)

    -Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. great story Sara i liked how you added Zeus in your story and described in such detail great job.

    ReplyDelete