Tuesday 22 November 2016

The Stargazer

We have been working on describing settings using descriptive language. Check out the amazing examples below



The Stargazer by Gabrielle

Shiny, clear, transparent stars hung above me. I saw my reflection in the ice and my eyes shone on the aurora above. My camera stood there like a meerkat perched up on a rock peering into the universe. Lost in the milky way I felt my face soften as I gazed into the brightly coloured night sky.

The colours blue and purple had seemed to take over the sky. Yellow and orange started to overtake the horizon. Curved like a rainbow, the stars danced joyfully above me. I hoped this magical moment would never end.

The Stargazer by Dineesh

It was ice cold. My teeth were chattering, my hands were shivering. Was it worth coming out in the middle of the night? The frosty ice shone like a precious pearl undisturbed for years. ”Ahh” I gasped.

As I set up the camera the aurora shone like a field of diamonds. The aurora arched up like a rainbow dancing around in the sky, changing colours like a tree’s leaves through the seasons.  The sun started to wake from his slumber. After a blink of an eye the magical aurora had vanished.

The Stargazer by Charlotte

As I setup my gear I felt  vulnerable standing on the mirror-like ice. The aurora light reflected off the freezing cold ice. I looked in the telescope for a better view.  Glancing at the magnificent sky I realised that it was worth the risk standing on the thin slippery ice.

Looking back into the telescope the frosty wind brushed my face. The shimmery stone like ice reflected the blue galaxy. Purple lights framed the navy blue sky. The icy cold ground was filled with tiny sparkles from the reflection of the sky.

The Stargazer by Caleb

A beautiful sight took my breath away, the Aurora Borealis. Out on the slippery surface looking at this wonderful sight, the ice didn’t scare me at all. This sight was truly to die for. The sky lit up with colourful lights, pink, green, blue, and purple. The stars shimmered in the background giving a dazzling effect. The transparent ice reflected the light show like a mirror. The sun started to rise but the show went on. Slowly the lights faded away. Was it dawn already?

The Stargazer by Ella

The northern lights flickered and danced along the sky and a ray of stars twinkled and shone like gemstones. The ice that I was standing on was a shining mirror. The sky was mauve and it looked like a silky blanket covering the sky. I stood there mesmerised, enchanted by the lights. I didn't know how much time had passed and soon a moonbeam of yellow begin to shine “Is it dawn already?” This thought echoed in my mind as I stared out at the perfect star glinting peacefully as day started to come.


The northern lights flickered and danced along the sky and a ray of stars twinkled and shone like gemstones. The ice that I was standing on was a shining mirror. The sky was mauve and it looked like a silky blanket covering the sky. I stood there mesmerised, enchanted by the lights. I didn't know how much time had passed and soon a moonbeam of yellow begin to shine “Is it dawn already?” This thought echoed in my mind as I stared out at the perfect star glinting peacefully as day started to come.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Job Ella, Dineesh, Charlotte, Caleb and Gabrielle!
    I liked the way you guys did from a First person view.
    Ka Pai!

    ReplyDelete